Master Glenn Warren has been one of the country’s top Tae Kwon Do fighters for many years. His resume includes, finishing third (3rd)) in the 1988 Olympic Trials and winning and/or placing in the US Team Trial and National Championships multiple times, as well as other Martial Arts Competitions, a certified coach and referee, a Master Instructor in Tae Kwon Do/Wing Chun Kung Fu and certified fitness instructor. This has allowed him to be involved in the Health and Fitness for over forty (40) years.
The classes are exciting and high energy classes, in which you will increase your endurance, lose weight, develop muscle tone, and most importantly have fun. The classes concentrate on strength training, endurance, and muscle control (toning). This is accomplished in part by utilizing several martial art techniques (kick, strikes, agility drills) all designed to increase strength and flexibility, and weight loss. These are done with bags as well as without.
He is dedicated and determined to build not only champions, but building quality individuals as well. He offers a unique approach to training and provides the leadership that builds top athletes. His philosophy is building from the inside out. He wants to open the mind to open your soul.
He believes fitness should be more than a top priority in ones life. It should become a way of life, “A Core Value” as he likes to say.
He offers Olympic and Point style sparring instruction, in addition to Self Defense Classes. Private instructions are available.
Areas of Concentration: Tae Kwon Do, Wing Chung Kung-Fu, Boxing and Weight Training, Kickboxing, K-Fit (similar to Cross-fit), and Cardio Kickfit.
His goal is to assist you with all your Health, Fitness and Martial Arts needs. This will be accomplished by providing the personal focus, attention, and direction that will establish your path to meet and exceed those objectives you are committed to achieving. This will be done in a fun, exciting, and most importantly, professional and disciplined manner by focusing on the following attributes.
1. Cardio 2. Flexibility 3. Agility 4. Balance 5. Coordination
His expertise includes providing the discipline, knowledge, techniques, planning, development, and partnership that is needed and required to establish, achieve, and exceed their desired personal Fitness and Martial Arts goals.
You will attain the physical and mental discipline required to achieve your objectives that will help you in every other aspect of your life as well as your personal growth . This will be accomplished in part by adhering to the Tenants of the Martial Arts:
1. Courtesy – To promote the spirit of mutual concessions, to be polite to one another, and to encourage the sense of justice.
2. Integrity - We must be true to ourselves in word and deed, we will not hide bad techniques or habits with false praise, we will not let our accomplishments be for ego boosting or power over others.
3. Perseverance – Patience leads to Virtue or Merit, for us to achieve or goals we must constantly strive to that end.
4. Self Control – We will always be in control of our mind and body, when training we have a responsibility to each other as well as others, we will strive to never lose our temper or control to the best of our ability. In life we must be an example to others.
5. Indomitable Spirit – To be a Champion or the best we can be we can not afford to quit or give up. Being behind only means we must try harder.